I am so excited to announce that I was nominated by the fabulous Norwegian queen Ingvild for the Liebster award!! As a new blogger it is very exciting to be recognized by other talented people from around the world for simply doing what I love. Thanks Ingvild!
Here are the answers to the 11 questions that I was given:
1) What made you start a blog?
-I started my blog as a way to continue developing my writing skills after graduating with an English degree from college. It allows me to flex my creative muscle.
2) Would you consider yourself as a sensible person?
– I do! I am very much so a 60 year old woman trapped in a 25 year olds body. I don’t buy clothes unless they are comfortable, I don’t spend money unless it is necessary, and because of my indecisiveness, I don’t make a definitive choice unless it has been thoroughly thought through.
3) What attracts you to a blog?
– I am attracted to blogs with great photography, whether it be of people, food, places, etc. and blogs that have a playful vibe about them. I love lots of bright colors, humor, and subject matter that doesn’t make me think too hard.
4) Are you a doer or a thinker?
– I am a combination of both but tend to lean on the doer side of the spectrum. I enjoy being a person in motion. I am always bustling around being productive, running errands, visiting friends, etc. I am an active participant in life!
5) What are your two best qualities?
– I am loyal to the ones that I love and I am a passionate person! Passionate about food. Passionate about traveling. Passionate about life. Passionate about my friends, my family, my fiancé, and my cat!
6) Are you an organized person?
– YES! A big resounding yes!! Organization brings peace and harmony to my life. It is something I could not live without.
7) What is your favorite thing to watch on TV?
– Currently I am really into Master Chef! I love any sort of cooking show. I also like comedies such as Modern Family, New Girl, and Portlandia.
8) What can you not leave the house without?
– As embarrassing as it is to say, I can’t leave the house without always being connected, not necessarily with social media, but with my family/friends. I am a natural born communicator and can’t stand the thought of not being able to get in touch with someone if I want to.
9) How do you deal with a stressed situation?
– I have lots of emotions and I handle stress differently depending on what is going on in my life at the time. Sometimes I face the stress head on and conquer it like a lioness. Sometimes I get overwhelmed, cry, and let it wash over me until I feel better. Sometimes I drink a beer cause I’m a grown ass woman and I can do what I want! Mainly I rely on Jonathan, my fiancé, to calm me down when I’m stressed. He’s good at that.
10) Have you proved someone wrong about something they didn’t believe you were able to do?
– In college I decided to become a vegan and for two years my family and friends continually told me I couldn’t do it. For two years I proved them wrong.
11) What season is your favorite and why?
– Fall is my absolute favorite season! I have lived in Virginia my entire life and have been spoiled by the crisp air, colorful foliage, and apple harvest that comes along with Autumn.
DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!! I now nominate the following outstanding bloggers for the Libester Award:
Stylize and Budgetize
In The Food Lab
Violets for Vivien
Food For Thought
Here are the rules to accept the award:
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too. Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you. Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers. Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions. Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Here are your questions! Happy blogging lovers! ❤
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Who is your blogger crush?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Who is the person that has most influenced your life?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What is one thing you would like to do before you die?
- What is your favorite thing about where you live?
- What is something that many people don’t know about you?